Michael focuses his professional practice on determining lost profits, lost earnings and other economic damages, forensic accounting, financial analyses, investigations and business valuation. He provides consulting and expert services regarding economic damages, forensic accounting, business interruption, contract disputes, GAAP, GAAS, solvency, alter ego, fraud and bankruptcy and financial transactions and balances.
Michael provides consulting and litigation services to trial lawyers, trustees, receivers, business owners and units of federal, state and local government. Many engagements combine complex litigation, forensic accounting, financial analysis, economic damages, valuation and distressed business issues with the reconstruction of all or portion of incomplete, misstated and/or falsified accounting books and records and financial statements.
Michael has more than 40 years of experience in accounting, forensic accounting, business economics and investigations including more than 20 years of experience in economic damages and business valuations. State, Federal and Bankruptcy Courts, as well as arbitrators, have recognized him as an expert in economic damages, forensic accounting, GAAS, GAAP, business valuation, financial analysis and financial investigations.
Michael is a Certified Public Accountant. The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants has accredited him as Certified in Financial Forensics and as a Chartered Global Management Accountant. He earned the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts Certified Valuation Analyst and Master Analyst in Financial Forensics designations.
The Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors has designated Michael a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor and issued him its Certification in Distressed Business Valuation. He is a Certified Fraud Examiner and Chartered Accountant.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Witwatersrand University, South Africa (1974-1976)
- Bachelor of Accountancy, Witwatersrand University, South Africa (1977-1979)
- Bankruptcy Mediation Certificate Program, DePaul University (2000)
- Construction Management Certificate Program, DePaul University (2007)
- Continuing Education, including AICPA, ICPAS, ACFE, AIRA, NACVA (1986 – present)
- Gould & Pakter Associates, LLC
- Provides financial forensics, commercial litigation services, investigations and dispute resolution services.
- Calculates economic damages, lost profits, lost earnings, business interruption claims and earn-outs.
- Values closely held businesses for shareholder litigation, family law services, bankruptcy and business litigation and estate and gift tax compliance.
- Traces undisclosed assets, analyzing financial transactions/balances, determines sources of funds used to acquire assets and reconstructs falsified/incomplete financial information.
- Litigation Support Services
- Gould & Pakter Associates, LLC provides expert testimony and litigation support services for both plaintiff and defense.
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Certification in Distressed Business Valuation (CDBV)
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Accountant (CA) (Non-Dues Paying)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) Practitioner Member
- Assistant Editor (National Litigation Consultants’ Review 2013-2016)
- Editorial Board (QuickRead)
- Editorial Board (The Value Examiner);
- Litigation Forensics Board (2012-2014, 2017-2020, 2022-Present)
- Foundations of Financial Forensics Instructor
- Instructor of Exceptional Distinction (2012+2020)
- Outstanding Member Award (2015); and MAFF (Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring Track) Instructor Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS) Member
- Past President (North Shore Chapter)
- Member, Ethics Committee (1991-1995)
- Chair, Fraud Conference (2005-2009)
- Member, Accounting Principles Committee (2010-2012)
- Chair, Forensic Accounting Conference/Workshop (2010-2013)
- Healthcare Compliance & Fraud Conference (2016-2017)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Member, Forensic and Valuation Services & Private Companies Practice Sections
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) Member and Past President (Chicago Chapter); 25 Year Pin
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors (AIRA) Member
- Chicago International Dispute Resolution Association (CIDRA) Treasurer
Review Michael D. Pakter CPA, CFF, CGMA, CFE, CVA, MAFF, CA, CIRA, CDBV.
You must be logged in to post a review.