Land O Lakes, Florida
Maritime and Accident Reconstruction
(1) Numerous experiences as a certified expert witness in the Marine Field in the past 38 years, including Diminished Valuation, Accident Reconstruction, Vessel collisions, Sinking’s, Fire Reconstruction, Injury and Death, Cruise ships Accidents, Jones Act investigations, and noncompliance, Boat Construction,and repair and Quality Control, Marine Engines, and Installations, Testifying in the United States, Great Britain, BVIs, Mexico, Spain, Puerto Rico, France, Poland, and Greece.
(2) Experience with Docks (loading and unloading), Boatyards, and Marinas and Marina Dockage, Boat Construction, Repair, and Quality Control, Boat and Ship Construction, as well as Management of New Construction and Repair.
(3) Experienced boat builder Ocean Horse Label (before HIN’s) 178FRP Commercial boats, 3 Steel, 3 Aluminum, 7 Wood, 8 sail 5 FRP and 3 Steel, and from 2007 on under the AMS HIN Experienced and licensed operator (Master since 1963).
(4) Experienced Marine Engineer License 4000 Horsepower or greater from 1970 to 1993 (not renewed due to lack of use).
(5) Appraiser for recreational, commercial charter, and fishing vessel safety (Certified to give the USCG inspections of commercial fishing vessels, sail, and commercial workboats).
(6) Inspector of over 16,000+ boats and ships for condition, valuation, insurance, donation, finance, risk, disaster, salvage, damage, repair, hull, moisture, delamination, corrosion analysis, wood, Kevlar, FRP, including Ships, Submarines, Submersibles Landing Craft, Barges, Tow Boats, Jack-Up Rigs, Tankers, Mega Yachts, Yachts, Commercial fishing, Sportfish, Sail, Houseboats, Pontoon, Boat Trailers, I/O engines, Outboard gas engines, Gas and Diesel Inboard Engines, Freight, Sea Trials, On and Off Hire Surveys, Trip and Tow Surveys, as well as Cargo by all shipping methods. Extensive knowledge of scaffolding and ladders as well as the use of ladders and scaffolding to board vessels in boat and shipyards as well as the proper securing of ladders to vessels due to the use in boatyards in New York, as well as thousands of boarding of boats and ships in boat and shipyards to inspect vessels.
(7) Inspect MOLEX INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION, Pumps, Motors, and Electrical Panels, in two Plants in St. Petersburg, Florida. Using FLIR Infrared Thermal Imaging to test motors.
(8) FLIR INFRARED THERMAL IMAGING and Bore-scoping of marine vessels and land-based properties for mold and water intrusion. This includes specialized work for the United States Government and LOCKEED-MARTIN as a subcontractor.
(9) Certified Internationally NDT testing (Audio gauging Steel and Aluminum).
(10) I learned Steel and Aluminum Construction under the tutelage of Duckworth Boats.
(11) Equipment Associated with Boats and Ships.
(12) 2010 POLISH REGISTRAR OF SHIPPING Inspection Course (2 weeks) on CE examinations and ship inspections (Gdansk, Poland).
(13) Certified Diver, Familiar with Deepwater work as well as shallow work, including remote as well as attached tankage, Deepwater saturation work.
(14) Engine Surveys and Inspections: Diesel Engine Schools Attended, GM Detroit Diesel and Gas (all venues), YANMAR, VOLVO PENTA Diesel, CATERPILLAR, JOHN DEERE, MAN, MTU, DEUTZ, LEHMAN, PERKINS, IZUSU, CUMMINS, and ONAN. Gasoline Engine Schools, MERCURY, MERCRUISER, VOLVO PENTA, YAMAHA, EVINRUDE, HONDA, SUZUKI, TOHATSU.
(15) ABYC Electrical ABYC Electrical Systems.
(16) ABYC Collision Investigation.
(17) First Marine Claims Seminar.
(18) Knox Claims Seminars2007, 2009, 2012, 2014.
(19) ABYC Composites Course.
(20) ABYC Electrical Corrosion Course.
(21) ABYC Composites Course.
(22) IBEX Composites Course.
(23) IBEX Advanced Composites Course.
(24) IBEX Surveying and repairing Advanced Composites.
(25) IBEX Improving Gel Coat Quality.
(26) IBEX Demystifying Propeller Design.
(27) IBEX National Meetings 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 ,2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2018 and 2019
(28) WORKBOAT National Seminars, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 200
There are currently no reviews for this expert
Review Captain Arlen Leiner.
You must be logged in to post a review.