General Surgery and Hepatology
Dr. Alsina has 24 years of experience in general and liver surgery, transplantation, liver cancer and long career in hepatology. Harvard trained. Published, researcher, teacher and expert-witness in liver diseases, cancer, bile duct injuries, drug-induced liver injuries, liver-related life expectancy, disability for transplant surgeons, and Correctional Medicine of liver disorders and Hepatitis C.
Trained at Harvard Department of Surgery, New England Deaconess program in Hepato-Biliary Surgery, liver surgery, and Liver Transplantation.
American Board of Surgery certified. Fellow designation by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases ( AASLD).
Collaborative Professor at University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine.
Real world experience:
• 24 years of hepato-biliary (liver) surgery and liver transplantation experience at a tertiary care, 1,010 bed teaching hospital.
• Broad skills in general surgery, liver surgery, transplantation, hepatology , and hepato-oncology (liver cancer). Robotic surgery certified.
• Directed liver transplantation and cancer programs for total of 20 years
• Experienced in Hepatitis C. Principal investigator in Hepatitis C trials that resulted in drug approval.
• Managed immunosuppression treatments long term in over 1,000 liver transplant recipients.
• Leader of a multi-disciplinary liver cancer team. Conducted oncologic treatments at specialized clinics for liver cancer and ran latest clinical trials. Evaluated over 5,000 patients with hepatocellular carcinoma.
• Proven track record: Achieved the 96th percentile in long term outcomes (survival) of liver transplantation nationally, among 130 programs, in the latest report.
• Principal investigator and researcher in 27 pivotal trials of liver transplantation, acute liver failure, fatty liver, hepatitis C, and liver cancer.
• Published in topics of acute liver failure, liver cancer, liver transplantation, cirrhosis and portal hypertension, ethnic and ethical aspects of transplantation, and liver oncology
• Expert CME teacher nationally, advisor, research mentor, and speaking experience nationally. Bilingual.
Experienced expert and well trained. Over 20 cases over the last two years.
Liver Transplantation, Bile duct injuries, Portal Hypertension, Hepatitis C, Chronic Liver Disease, Organ Transplantation, Organ Donation, Liver Failure, Liver Oncology, Liver Cancer, Surgical Complications, Correctional Medicine of Liver Diseases and Hepatitis C, Drug-induced Liver Injuries
HepatoBiliary and Organ Transplantation Fellowship
New England Deaconess/Harvard Dept. of Surgery, Boston, MA
General Surgery, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, Boston, MA
MD, Ponce Health Sciences, Ponce, PR; BS, Biology, Boston College
View my additional listings here:
There are currently no reviews for this expert